Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine

3 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Empty Re: Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine

Post by Nicole Byrne Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:45 am

Nicole looked back at Danny when he asked her that. "For calling you a slimebag......and not staying to listen to you earlier." she said to him. "But why couldn't you tell me that sooner?" Nicole asked as she watched Danny while saying that to him. That part she was the most upset about.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine - Page 2 Empty Re: Compromised Affairs || Nicole, Catherine

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Daniel sighed a little bit. He had heard worse than that before in his line of work. But it was true, hearing it from someone you actually like did hurt. A lot actually.
"You never asked what I was doing for a living when we met and after that we never talked about it again." Danny said to his defense. "I just don't talk about my job outside of work, if I don't have to."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Nicole nodded a bit when Danny said that to her. "I get it" she replied, her tone different then when she first walked into the bar. Nicole sighed a bit, then ran her hands over her face after she said that to Danny. "Shall we both raise the white flag?" she asked while looking back at him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 am

"I've raised mine the moment you came in." Daniel replied honestly. He didn't really give up when she came in, but all he had wanted when he asked her to meet him here was to clear the air and solve this misunderstanding.
Truth be told... Daniel could've told her that he was an FBI Agent sooner if he wanted to, but maybe he didn't want to. Because he tried not to talk about work when he was with a woman. Especially if he barely knew her.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Nicole smiled a bit when Danny said that to her. "Now thats done" she said to him. Nicole sighed a bit, then turned back to the bartender, getting another drink for herself. The guy nodded, then went to get it. After he walked off, Nicole turned back to Danny. "Anything else I need to know about you?" she asked while watching him, the smile still on her face as she said that to him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Daniel returned her smile. Although it was just a little smile it showed on his face that he was glad that they could move past this misunderstanding and that she believed him. If it had come differently he would've showed his ID and told her call the FBI Field Office to confirm his story. But that wasn't necessary now.
Therefor he had to make her promise him something. She wasn't allowed to talk to anyone about him working undercover. She wasn't even allowed to know, but he had to tell her. At least now things were clear between them now. And he wouldn't tell her any details.
"Well... you have to keep it to yourself for now." he said seriously.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:22 am

Nicole nodded in reply, "I didn't see you Daniel" she said to him, getting the hint of how important it was to him to keep his cover.  Nicole may not of full understood what Danny did, but she knew that it was important for him not to get his cover blown.  The last thing she wanted for Danny to get hurt.  It was slowly becoming clear that she had feelings for him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Danny nodded with a small smile. She understood what he had been saying. Well, she would've known it was important to keep a cover up, right? The Aussie police should have undercover things, too, right? They couldn't be that different from the American police departments and the FBI.
If he thought about it... he was nothing more than a simple police officer, or detective, just that he had a bigger jurisdiction and more authority. But apart from that, he did the same things as they did - solving crimes.
"When this is all over... I'll try to explain a little more. That is if you need me to." he said to Nicole. "But for now you'll have to live with the fact that you're friends with a bad boy."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Nicole watched Danny as he said that to her.  "You don't have to." she said to him gently.  Nicole had a pretty good idea as to what his job was like.  "I don't mind a bad bloke." she told him, smiling a little at the same time.  As she said that, Nicole reached out and took Danny's hand in her's.  "You're a good man Daniel." she said to him honestly a she looked Danny in the eye.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:36 am

Danny looked up into her eyes when she reached out to take his hand. Once again he realized just how different Nicole was from the women he used to date or be with. Even though in some ways she reminded him of Anna, Nicole was very different from her, if you just looked close enough. She was a different kind of person and he liked to believe that she would never hold his job against him, if he wasn't able to be around as much they would like to. A part of him would always fear that another woman in his life would end up leaving him just like Anna had, but the other part wanted to believe that there was a happy ending, a happy ever after for him.

"I've heard that before... but sometimes being a good man doesn't seem to be enough." he replied just as honestly as she spoke to him. But it was a side of him, he never really showed to anyone before.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:51 am

Nicole watched Danny as he said that to her.  "Daniel.....don't be a sook....you are a great man." she replied, still holding his hand as she said that to him.  Nicole watched Danny after she said that.  There was honesty in her voice when she spoke to him.  That honesty was something that came from her time in the army and from her childhood.  Nicole was never one to beat around the bush, she always gave it straight to people and never held back.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Danny looked at Nicole, giving her a slightly puzzled look. Now he was the one not knowing what she meant when she called him a sook. What the heck was that supposed to mean?
For some reason Daniel believed it wasn't a very positive thing, but he had no idea what exactly she was telling him not to be. 
"What am I not supposed to be?" he asked, still a slight bit confused. He wasn't exactly an expert on Aussie words. He had learned only a few things from Nicole, but apart from that he had never really been with an Aussie before.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Nicole watched Danny as he asked her that.  "A person who complains about everything." she replied.  "Not sure what you call that kind of person here in the states." Nicole added gently as she watched him.  It was clear that she didn't meen to confuse him with her choice of words.  Better hold back on the slang until he knows more Nicole said to herself as she sat there with Danny.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:05 am

Now he gave her a seriously puzzled look. He had been right about the feeling that it wasn't something nice, but was he really complaining about it? He had simply stated a fact, it wasn't that he was complaining. He wasn't the type of guy to comlain and whine about everything that went wrong. At least not with somebody else around. 
"I wasn't complaining, just stating a fact." he replied shortly. "But I guess you'd call that person a crybaby, or sniveler here. And in that case I'd be offended to be compared to one..."

Okay, that last comment may have been a little too harsh, but once again - it was who he was. He had taken enough beating and humiliation from his father, he just was very defensive of himself when it came to things like that.

"Sorry... that was a little harsh."
He had to say that. After all, Nicole didn't know about his childhood, nor did she know about Anna leaving him. He hadn't talked about that to her. He hadn't quite been talking about that to anyone, but his mom and maybe his boss. Even his partner Catherine only knew about Anna.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:10 am

Nicole watched Danny as he said that to her.  "Forgive me......I shouldn't have called you that." she replied while watching him.  She didn't want to hurt his feelings and she got the impression that she did.  At the same time, hearing him say that he was sorry and that what he said may have sounded harsh caused him to look back at Danny.  "No worries Daniel" she said to him honestly, looking him in the eyes as she said that to him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 am

Danny locked eyes with Nicole for a moment, before he eventually nodded. "Hm." 
It had him thinking of his past again, a past that he tried not to think of, because every time he would think of his father, it would make him bitter and angry. And he was tired of feeling that way, so he avoided those kinds of thoughts if he could. 
But it was that past of his abusive, dominant father, that made him so empathizing with other victims of abuse. Especially with children that were or are abused. But that anger was the exact reason he didn't work domestic violence. He would kill those abusive bastards who take their anger and discontentment out on their wives and children.

Danny shook his head, pushing those thoughts and memories out of his head. He reached for his glass of beer and took another sip. If he didn't push those thoughts away, Nicole might notice and that would mean he would have to talk about it - which he didn't want to. At least not yet.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:41 am

As she watched him, Nicole had a feeling that he was thinking of something painful.  She knew not to push the issue and ask about it.  It was clear to her that talking about it might make Danny more angry......that and it wasn't her business to ask about it.

However, there was one thing she could say to him that might help.  Nicole took a breath, then said it.  "Danny, I don't know what has you upset and its not my business to ask about it......but I just want to tell you that when you feel like it, I'm here to listen." Nicole said to him honestly and gently as she sat there, still holding his hand at the same time.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:48 am

Danny sighed a little, setting his glass down. Then he looked at Nicole. The look on his face had changed. He didn't look upset anymore, but thankful - and he was.
He knew that she was a good person so she would try to be the best friend to him she possibly could and that meant more to Daniel than anything. He was glad that she didn't ask about it, but offered to listen if he needed to talk. That was more than enough for him.
"Thanks, Nicole." he replied thankfully and softly, even smiling a little. "I really appreciate that."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:55 am

Nicole relaxed when Danny said that to her.  "Thats good and you're welcome" she replied, smiling at the same time.  "Come on......lets get out of here and go for a walk." Nicole said to him as she stood up from the bar and held his hand out to Danny.  She wanted to help him relax and going for a walk was the best way she thought of to help him do that.

"Don't want this chick to walk alone do you?" Nicole asked as she watched Danny, a slight smile on her face at the same time.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm

He looked up at her, giving her a puzzled look. Of all the things she could have done now, she wanted to go for a walk? Not that he minded, but he wasn't really feeling like going for a walk today. He'd rather sit here over his drink and talk, or not talk. It was what he did after long days, it was what he had always done, at least since he was alone.
"If you were a chick, I'd certainly be worried." he replied honestly. "But I don't quite feel like walkin' right now..."

Why try and pretend, just to make her happy? She wouldn't happy anyway if he went and didn't quite put on the happy face. Not to mention, that he was actually getting a little tired. It had been an early morning for him and a quite long day. And he was the honest type anyway.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:28 am

Nicole watched Danny as he said that to her.  "It will help clear your head and forget about what just happened with us." Nicole said to him in reply.  She held out her hand to him at the same time.  "Please?" she asked while watching him.  Nicole looked Danny in the eye as she said that to him, waiting for his reaction.  I just want to help Danny she said to herself as she stood there.

After a few seconds, Nicole put her hand down.  "I understand, you'd rather not." she said softly before sitting back down next to him at the bar.  Didn't hurt to try Nicole said to herself.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Danny watched Nicole for a moment. It was nice of her to offer her help, he appreciated her efford, but right now, he just didn't want to go for a walk. And he was glad that she seemed to understand. He didn't feel the need to clear his head, he felt okay. Things were settled between them, he had told her what really happened and that was it for him. Not need to go out of his way to prove his point. Still he appreciated her trying. 
"I appreciate your efford, Nicole. I really do, but maybe another time." he replied honestly, yet as gently as he could. "Besides... I should head home soon anyway... got an early morning tomorrow."

He hoped that he didn't push her away with that, but it was the truth. Today was just not the right time. Besides, he had things on his mind that he couldn't share with her, so clearing his head wouldn't exactly work how she seemed to expect it would. Those things were work-related and telling her could compromize his assignment - and he was playing those strictly by the rules.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Nicole nodded in reply when Danny said that to her.  "Thanks Daniel" she said to him, smiling a bit at the same time.  She paid for her drink, then got up.  As she did, Nicole kissed Danny's cheek, then turned the leave.

She was glad that things were good between them.  However, she hoped that she didn't blow his cover with her little outburst at him earlier in the day.  Little did she know that she almost did and one of the guys that Danny interacted with on the job had seen her.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Daniel offered Nicole a small smile in return. He didn't know if his cover was still in tact, but if anyone had seen her this morning, then Danny would need a story for her knowing him - and a good one. He knew that all too well, which was why his first call that day went to Jack, his boss, so they would come up with something. Jack hadn't been happy about the incident, but he told Danny to worry about it if it was necessary. After all, he could meet whoever he wanted, even as a drug dealer. But Danny knew that he needed to keep an eye out for Nicole. He needed to make sure that they wouldn't contact her and ask questions, or worse - put her in harms way.

"Guess I better walk my lady home." he said, leaving some money for his beer and small tip for the cute waitress and got up from his seat. He wouldn't want her to home alone, not with what happened this morning and what was on the line if someone saw her. The big boss was suspicious enough about Dodgy R. already.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:28 am

Nicole walked out of the bar and looked around the area.  She didn't see anything or anyone out of place as she stood there.  "Good" she said in a soft tone as she stood there.  Nicole ran her hand through her hair, then looked back to see Danny coming.  "I'll be okay going home.....I'm a big girl." she said to him gently while watching him walk up to her.  Though she appreciated the gesture, Nicole was fine walking alone.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next