Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Empty Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 pm

"Damn it!" Danny cursed angrily as he let himself fall onto his chair in the office. Slamming his fist on the surface on his desk, he had an almost furious look on his face.

He rarely showed such outbursts of anger at work, so if he did, everybody around him at the office knew that something had gone really wrong. 11 years on the job, Danny was known to do his very thouroughly and carefully, planning every step of the way with his partner Catherine Johanson and his boss Jack Palmer.
In this case, something really did go wrong. They made a mistake somewhere along the way, a mistake that could easily cost Danny his life. He was supposed to take down a smaller drug dealing ring and had been working undercover for weeks, trying to get into the closer circles and he was close to finding out who exactly ran this operation. But today, during a meeting with some dealers Danny's cover was blown.

And he had been so close! Now he had to step back, lay low and hope these drug 'lords' didn't find out who he really was, or his life may be in grave danger. And not only his, but also that of everyone close to him. Leaning back on his chair, Danny let his temper cool down again, feeling many eyes resting on him right now.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Empty Re: Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole

Post by Catherine Johanson Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:14 am

It was very, very, very rare that Catherine had seen such a temperament from her partner. Daniel was a man that was good at controlling his emotions and keeping them rather hidden. She had learned it after working with him for so long.

What she hated most about the job was when they made a mistake. 'They' being her, Daniel, and their boss, Jack Palmer. She particularly hated this mistake and her mind kept repeating a calm phrase over and over as she calmly stood and walked amongst the other agents, who were now eyeing her partner (as she had expected seeing as this was a rare sight to behold).

She was really praying that her phrase was going to be enough. Nothing is going to happen and we're all going to be fine. Of course, experience told her that things could definitely go very badly with Daniel's cover being blown like this.

She now took a deep breath before she stepped inside Daniel's office without asking to enter. Usually it would've been perceived as a sign of disrespect and Catherine, who had a good set of ethics, knew that as well as anyone else did. She looked over at Daniel, allowing herself to show her concern in her eyes. "You alright, Coop?"she asked. She honestly could not remember the last time she'd seen such behavior from him. Then again, she tended to banish such times from her mind since they were usually stressing and times when she felt high amounts of tension somewhere in her life.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole Empty Re: Plans Gone Awry || Catherine, Jack and Nicole

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Sitting in his office for a few moments, Danny calme down rather quickly. He knew that these times of showing his anger so obvious to anyone were very rare and people would probably ask him about it. At least those on his team, he considered friends. Others would just eye him in surprise, but know that something must have really gone wrong.

Noticing Catherine entering his office, he looked up, a much calmer look on his face now. Usually she'd knock on the door, but today it wasn't necessary. And Daniel would never make a big deal out of it, if she came in without knocking. They've known each other long enough. And he would always sense her prensence.

His first response to her question was 'no, I'm not'. But he didn't say that out loud to her and he probably didn't need to. "I will be." he simply replied. It was the usual short reply he gave, when he was upset about something, or lying, which he only did about his feelings. "As long as nobody's gonna come hunt us down, I'll be fine. It just... it's so darn upsetting... we were so close."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Catherine nodded, accepting Daniel's answer as the only answer she'd get. Once again, she knew after working with him and knowing him for so long that there was nothing she could say to change that answer.

And she did understand and share his frustration. They were so close...and then to have that happen was about as frustrating as anything. "I know,"she said finally, taking a seat across from her partner. She shrugged and shook her head a bit, almost a bit lost for words. "We'll be fine,"she said quietly. "The only thing we can do at the moment is hope for the best and lay low,"she added, looking over at him.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Having looked down at his desk, he now looked up at Catherine, when she sat down across from him at the desk. He knew that she was just as frustrated about it as he was. He knew the risk from the start, when he first agreed to going undercover. He knew all along that this time his cover may not be very solid and he was surprised that it actually held up as long as it did and got him as far as he had gotten. The more frustrated he was when it was blown like that. All because some criminal from Daniel's past recognized him and told.

He was lucky that they didn't kill him then and there, but that he got away with just a few scratches. But somehow he doubt that it would stay that way. Something was going to come. They wouldn't just let a cop with that much knowledge get away unpunished. He was a risk that needed to be eliminated, which was why Jack had put Danny into protective custody for the remaining time it took to solve this case. And he hated the simple idea of it already.

"Y'know... worst part is me having to stay here or being taken to some safe house, just so they don't get me..." he complained. "I'd much rather be out there and help you guys catch 'em. Much easier if they know where to find the traitor."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 am

Catherine sighed softly and nodded. She knew, she really did. And she'd love to have her partner with her as they moved forward with trying to put the case to bed, but she shared the same concern that she knew that whoever had put Danny undercover had.

He could easily be killed right under their noses if they kept him out in the field. Then again, Catherine had seen just as many people in protective custody get killed under agents' noses. That thought ticked her off and she almost growled out of frustration at the thought and knowledge that there was no way she would be able to make sure her partner was safe.

Don't get her wrong, he was a trained FBI Agent. He knew perfectly well how to take care of himself and knew how to defend himself. That still didn't satisfy her concern. Danny was more than her partner, he was a friend. She wouldn't stand by and do nothing when one of her friend's lives were in danger.

"I know and I hate it as much as you do,"she said. "Part of me wishes you could be out there with us while we finish this case, but the other part of me still understands the worry and is worried. We know what they're capable of,"she pointed out reluctantly, almost unconsciously folding her arms across her chest with yet another sigh of frustration.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Danny looked up from his desk and watched Catherine. He could see the concern on her face, he knew her long and well enough and he understood perfectly fine. And honestly, Daniel would feel the same way if it was her in his shoes right now. She was one of the few people he considered close friends and he would never forgive himself if something happened to Catherine while he was around. He would let nobody touch her, who wasn't allowed. He was protective like that, if he felt the need to be, even though he knew she could defend herself if push came to shove. But he was a man of honor and raised that way. At least one thing his father did right with him.

Danny, too, let out a small sigh of frustration, his warm brown eyes resting on his partner.
"I know.... wouldn't be the first they killed." he replied a lot calmer than he was before. "Maybe we can convince Jack to let me play bait so you can catch them..."

Danny wasn't convinced of that himself, because he suggested that to Jack earlier and he had made it very obvious that he would never support this kind of idea. He wouldn't let Danny put his life on the line to close the job. Not if there was another way. But it was a worth a try.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Catherine looked back up at her partner again. Her first reaction was to quickly disagree... but he had a point. It would be easier to catch these guys if they knew where to find their target, and of course it was risky.

Their entire job was risky. Having anyone on this case go undercover in the first place was risky in itself. She bit at her lip slightly. "I don't know how quickly he'd agree to something like that,"she said, frowning a bit. She shook her head as she thought. "It would take some convincing if that's what our plan is."
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:01 am

He looked at her as she thought about what he said. Daniel could tell that her first reaction would have been to disagree, he knew that how risky it was. He wasn't going to take any chances if it was necessary though. He valued his life, he wasn't going to let someone take it.

A glint of hope returned to his brown eyes after her reply. "Well, you know I wouldn't take any chances if not necessary. I'm not suicidal either, but..." he replied, thinking about it for a second, his eyes never leaving Catherine. "if it was well organized it's a risk I'm willing to take to nail this case. Much rather than to spend days or possibly months in protective custody."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
btw... there is another topic "Compromised Affairs" if you'd like to join, Danny could need his partner there. I just tagged Cath there. Otherwise I'll just mention that she leads the observation of his undercover meeting and leave it at that.
Oh and since Jack Palmer isn't around much, I'll take over his speech for now, if needed. Just to let you know Smile
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:38 am

Catherine nodded as she looked up at Daniel. "I know, and it's foolish of me to try to talk you out of something when there's a chance of us closing this case on it,"she murmured, biting slightly at her lip. "I also know you're a responsible man and agent, Coop. If we plan this well enough, I think we can put the last nail in the coffin and get some proper rest from this,"she said, looking back up at her partner. She agreed with him on at least one thing without questions, solving the case was better than having to worry about him in protective custody for weeks or even months. She was just as ready as he was to finish this.

~ ~ ~ ~
Alright! Wink I'll check it out and that sounds good to me.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:55 pm

He looked at his partner and let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He wasn't the type of man to easily put his own life at risk, but they had done operations like this before and he knew, if planned down to the very last detail, they could nail these guys and he wouldn't have to worry about walking down the streets anymore.
Besides, he didn't want to do this whole protective custody thing to his mother. She worried about him enough as it was. Plus, he didn't like it himself.

"Well... I'm up for it." he said. "Let's go talk to the boss then, shall we?" Danny asked, while getting up from his desk.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:12 am

Catherine nodded and stood. She didn't miss the breath Danny let out when she'd spoken, but she didn't mention it. She knew Coop long enough and there wasn't any reason to be worrying over something as small as that. This case had gotten to all of them, and she couldn't expect him to be entirely the same every day, could she?

She shook her head just slightly to refocus herself. "Let's see how this goes,"she agreed, nodding again. Only this time, it was a bit more for herself than for her partner.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 am

Danny watched Catherine for a moment. Being a gentleman he'd always let her walk out of the room first. At least when they were at a place they were safe. In the field, that was a different story.
He gave her a small nod of reassurance, thinking the same thing. He just hoped that they could convince their boss to do this one last operation and finally close this case for good.

"Alright then." he said. "Ladies first."
And a small smile graced his face as he said those last two words.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:10 am

Cath managed a small smile and returned the nod as if to say, 'I'll be fine.' Whether that was a lie was still to be found out for even her. She didn't even miss the smile when he told her that ladies were first. Oh, today was surprising, wasn't it? She smiled a little more naturally this time and stepped out of the office.

"Now all we need is a little luck,"she said with a bit of a shrug as she turned back around to wait for her partner to join her on the way to their boss's office. Walking alongside Coop while they were in a safe area was how she usually liked to do it. It made her feel like it was easier to exchange any ideas they might get while they talked. At least then, she didn't have to look over her shoulder for him. Looking over her shoulders wasn't her favorite thing to do, and she was certain almost any agent would agree.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Danny held the door for her and quickly followed her out of the office. His ambition was leading his actions sometimes, but right now it was more the thought of having an idea how to use his blown cover to close a case. Although his boss did not want him in harms way the first time he suggested it, it was their chance to move on much faster.

"Yeah and good arguments why this is a good idea." he replied and let out a small sigh, thinking about more arguments than just him not wanting to hide.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:37 am

Catherine nodded and chewed at her lip as she thought. "We know they like to play in the shadows... and having you in protective custody is going to make them play their cards that way anyways. If we're going to catch them, we need them where we can take 'em out, and that's definitely not in the shadows,"she pointed out with a small frown. Whether or not that made any sense, she was unsure of, but it was logical... How could they fight an enemy they couldn't get a location on?
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:11 am

"Yeah... and I don't like hidin' either." Danny replied, trying to think of a way to get ahead of this. They needed an idea before they talked to their boss.
"We gotta find a place, not too secluded, but not too crowded either to set up our trap. Like an organized party or somethin'." he said. "I got a buddy who's undercover in those circles... he could leak my location to them, without givin' 'em reason to be suspicious."

Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:10 am

Catherine nodded, still chewing at her lip a bit. "That sounds like a good idea. And we can have others there to make sure we've got eyes on you when they try to make their move,"she said. By no means would she let her partner go in there alone. She'd go with him, somehow... She knew what had happened, and she wasn't willing to see it get that close again.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Danny put his hands into the pockets of his jeans. He still wore his undercover outfit, hadn't had the time to change yet.
"My thought exactly." he replied calmly, though still thinking about his. He had a serious look on his face, like always when he was thinking. "But it's gotta be good... they'll be careful, but their in for revenge. I've seen how they deal with traitors."

And Daniel was mad as hell about it, because he couldn't arrest these criminals on the spot for what they did to that man. He kept his cover well, yet he still didn't figure out how they made him today.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Catherine nodded. "We have to be just as careful if we're going to convince them. They're first reaction might be that it would be too good to be true if you were just out in the open without some of us watching you,"she agreed. "We'd have to lay low and still make sure they didn't get to you before we got to them for it."
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:34 pm

"Or... you let them get to me and catch 'em in the act. I'm sure they won't send a sniper... last traitor they found was..." he started and then stopped, looking at her. "Well... you know what happened to him. Been listenin' to the whole thing. Hardest part about being undercover... watching crimes being committed and not being able to step in."

Danny sighed a little bit, as he walked next to his partner. "Y'know... we still need to let some time pass until we set this trap anyway."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Catherine nodded and looked at her partner in concern. She nodded again when she knew it wasn't the best idea to try and talk about it.

She then shrugged and nodded. "True, but knowing what we're asking, it'll take that long just to convince him,"she pointed out with a slight frown.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:05 am

"Yeah... I know." he replied quietly, a small frown on his face as well.
If he was honest though, he was surprised that she agreed with his idea in the first place. He figured after what happened, she'd be the first one to try and talk him out of it, but she didn't.
Daniel didn't know whether it was because she knew he'd bug her until she gave in, or because she knew it was the easiest and fastest way to close this case wasn't for him to know.

"It'll be worth it though."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Johanson Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:05 am

Catherine nodded in agreement. "It'll be worth it the minute we catch them and put them away for what they did for good,"she said.

She did worry for Coop's safety, don't get her wrong there. The thing was that she wanted this case closed and she'd be worried about him either way. She also knew him... he would've pestered her until she gave in. Not to mention, it seemed like a solid enough idea to her. They just had to plan it out well enough.
Catherine Johanson
Catherine Johanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Danny nodded a little in reply, as they reached their boss' office. Not that he was the nervous type, but right now, he was just a little uncertain about the way this would go. It was a good idea, it just needed some working on.
"Let's hope the boss sees it that way, too." he said with a small sigh.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next