Welcome to Sin City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Info Box
IMPORTANT!

CSIs Shifts:
CSIs on this forum word the graveyard shift, meaning they work at night, unless they're called to an emergency, or work a very tough case that would cause them to work at daytime. You can choose wether your CSI character works from 10 PM - 6.30 AM or from Midnight - 8.00 AM.

Police Signals and Codes

... more Information to be added ...
Season
Current Season:
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! [Steve]
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:11 pm by Steve Anderson

» OH MY...! My little Princess... || Steve
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm by Steve Anderson

» Texts From Last Night
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm by Lady Heather

» The Gif Game
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm by Lady Heather

» Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 am by Nicole Byrne

» Nothing but Trouble || Andy, Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am by Nicole Byrne

» Marry Me || Nicole
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 am by Nicole Byrne

» Close to Home || Danny
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am by Nicole Byrne

» Out with Friends || Nicole, Daniel C.
Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm by Nicole Byrne

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

2 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Empty Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 pm

”No... I'll come as soon as I can.” he said, staying strong on the phone. “I'll call you.”
Danny, standing at the door to the balcony of his apartment, hung up the phone and sighed heavily. This was a call he didn't want to get, but he knew this day was coming. Last time he spoke to his grandmother, his father's mother, things didn't look too good, but he never knew it was this bad. He just spoke to her last week. And now this...

He turned around, walked up to the sofa and let himself fall down, pushing his cell phone onto the table. He rested his elbows on his knees and rubbed his face. This wasn't the kind of call he had been prepared for. And he certainly wasn't prepared on going to Nashville, where his grandparents had been living on a farm. He knew he'd meet his father there, especially now.
”It's time to make peace with him, Danny. Put the past behind you.” his grandmother had said. She was right, but that resentment was still too deep. It wasn't going to be easy to forget all the things that happened.

Sitting on his sofa, Danny looked at his watch, exceptionally wearing it today. It was late, already, 11:30 PM and he figured Nicole might already be asleep, but... he just needed someone to talk to right now. This hit him harder than he expected. But then again, he used to be close to his grandfather, even though he didn't really see them anymore after he left Philadelphia and came to Las Vegas.  But it still hit him hard.

He picked up the phone and dialed Nicole's number, hoping he wouldn't wake her up. If he did, he'd just have to make it up to her somehow.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Empty Re: Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:01 am

Nicole woke up when her phone rang. She reached over and looked at her Iphone, seeing Danny's number. She smiled a bit, but quickly had a feeling that something was up. "Danny, what is it?" she said after answering, sitting up at the same time. There was a hint of worry in her voice at the same time. She just had a feeling that something was wrong. Easy Nic, don't jump ahead of yourself she said to herself honestly as she sat there, waiting for Danny to reply.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole Empty Re: Trip to Childhood Memories || Nicole

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:10 am

Danny couldn't help the small smile coming to his face, when he heard her voice. At the same time he could hear that she had already been asleep and of course the concern in her voice. It was like everytime he called this late, she knew that something was up. Well, he usually tried to call her earlier in the day, not close to midnight.

"Sorry, Nic." he said quietly, the smile was gone from his face by now. "I didn't want to wake you this late..."

How could he tell her what had happened? What his grandmother just told him? He didn't really speak much about them before, but the news about his grandfather hit him. It was the first time that Danny was actually close to tears, since Anna left and the first time since he was with Nicole. And it was evident in his voice when he just spoke to her. It was hard to keep them away.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:33 am

"No worries Danny" Nicole replied, remembering the last time she got a call like this. "Whats going on?" she asked while leaning back on the headboard of her bead. Merlin was still asleep in his crate at the same time. Nicole glanced over to him as she asked Danny what was going on. She had no idea that something had happened in Danny's family.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:40 am

Danny sighed a little, trying not to sound like he was about to burst into tears, although he felt like it. But he was a grown up man, he didn't need to cry, right? If only it was that easy. No, this was different, this was family. Danny watched as Oscar hopped onto the couch next to him, brushing his head against Danny's arm, feeling something wasn't right with his daddy. A tiny smile came to Danny's face, as he reached out and petted his furry friend.

"Well... my grandmother called just a few minutes ago." Danny said eventually. "From my father's side of the family... my grandfather died about two hours ago."

It felt strange to say those words, it was hard to say them and realize what they meant. He didn't quite realize the full truth yet, but he was in the process of doing so. And he knew, when that happened, he wouldn't be able to stay strong, like he wanted to. After all, he used to be close to his grandparents as a kid.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:51 am

Nicole sat there as Danny said that to her. She let those words sink in for a few moments before speaking up. "Danny, I'm so sorry....when is the wake?" she asked while speaking to him. Nicole would go with him if he wanted her to. "I'll go with you if you want me to." she added as she sat there, the lights from the light pole that was outside her room bleeding through the curtains of her bedroom window.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:03 am

Danny went silent for a moment there, taking a deep breath. It was something he never had to talk about before, he never even thought much about it. Now, it would seem like he did have to think about it, just a little bit. His grandmother said that she only wanted to do a small ceremony for the funeral, nothing big, just family and close friends.

"I don't know yet." Danny eventually replied. "My grandmother hasn't planned anything yet, it just happened two hours ago... said she'll let me know."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 am

Nicole nodded a bit in reply when Danny said to that to him. "Shall I come over to your place and be with you?" she asked. Nicole could hear how upset Danny was and wanted to be there for her. She was willing to head over and stay with him at this time, but she wasn't going to force her way over.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:15 am

Danny didn't need to think twice about the answer to her question. He called her, because he actually wanted to her hear her voice, needed someone to share this feeling of sadness with. And she was the only one he wanted to be with right now. No one better to have around then the woman he loved.

"Actually... yeah." he replied honestly. "I'd like that. If it's not too much trouble, that is."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:31 am

"Its not Danny, I'll be there in 10." Nicole replied before hanging up. She then got out of bed and changed, then headed over to Danny's place. Once there, she parked in the main lot, then went up to his apartment. She knocked on the door, then stood back and waited for Danny to open up, she was dressed in her typical simple style.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:43 am

Danny was still wearing the clothes he wore to work today, white long-sleeved shirt, white undershirt below and dark blue dress pants. He had only removed the tie, undid the first two buttons of his shirt and untugged it when he came home. He hadn't changed, because he got home from the Office late that night and then his grandmother called. And after talking to Nicole, he didn't quite feel the urge to change anymore. And he was on socks.

Hearing the knock on his door, Danny got up from the couch, where Oscar remained, suspiciously eying the door. He didn't quite like knocks on doors. He watched his daddy walk to the door and open it. Danny stepped aside, as soon as he saw Nicole, letting her come inside. It was written on his face, obviously to just about anyone, how he felt right now.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:52 am

Nicole noticed it as she watched Danny, then reached out and hugged him. She didn't need to say anything to him, just wrap her arms around Danny and comfort him. It was what a friend did for her when her aunt passed away while she was in the army, that was a day Nicole would never forget. She flashed back to when she walked into the location of the funeral in her army uniform and saw everyone that came to pay their respects for her aunt.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 am

Danny was thankful that Nicole was there. He just returned her hug, wrapping his arms around her and holding her close. Or course he closed the door, before doing so.
He actually closed his eyes for a moment, while he held her close, starting to feel a little better. He never quite imagined that he'd ever feel like this, but it felt good to have Nicole close. He was sad about his grandfather's death, especially since it did happen kind of sudden.

"Thank you." he said quietly, yet thankfully.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:19 am

"You're welcome" Nicole said to Danny in reply. "Anything I can get you?" she asked after pulling back and looking at Danny. She was willing to help him out in any way she could, up to and including going with him to the funeral service when it was all set up. Nicole kept her eyes on Danny as she said that, seeing the pain in his eyes as she watched him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:24 am

Danny looked at Nicole, after pulling back, trying to give her at least a small smile. It didn't quite work the way he wanted, but at least he could show that she was very much appreciated. Danny then turned around, looking at the coffee table, where he had a glass of Whiskey. He hadn't had much of it, just a little bit, he wasn't much of drinker anyway.
"Nah..." he replied, shaking his head. "Got everything I need. Besides... you coming over just now, is more than I can ask for."
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:50 am

Nicole nodded in reply when Danny said that to her. "Can we get inside then?" she asked while watching him. It was clear that Nicole was ready to fall asleep again and the last thing she wanted to do was to fall asleep standing up. Nicole brushed her hair back as she stood there watching Danny.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:58 am

"Sure. C'mon." he said, walking back to the couch with her. He actually felt bad for waking her up and having her drive all the way here, when she was actually tired. But truth was... he could really use the company right now. Danny knew that if he ever got to sleep tonight, it would be very late, or because he drank too much, both of which he didn't actually want.

"Want me to set you up in the guest room for the night?" he asked, although he was hoping that she might actually be comfortable enough with sleeping next to him. But he wouldn't ask her to do so, if she didn't want to.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:22 am

Nicole nodded, then followed him inside. "Yes please" she said to him, yawning a bit as she said that to him. Nicole untucked her shirt as she walked along with him, letting it fall back when she let go. She kept her brown hair in the pony tail that she put it in before getting into bed at her place. "Where was your relative living?" she asked gently while walking down the hall and to the guest room.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:30 am

He tried not to look too disappointed, that she wanted to stay in the guest room. He walked to the door of the guest room, close to the couch and entered, sighing a little. If he was brave enough, he actually asked her to stay with him for the night, but he was too much of decent guy... or a coward. But then again, he'd made a fool of himself if she said no. So, he wouldn't ask. Not directly anyway.
"Small farm close to Nashville." Danny answered her question. "Y'know... you could stay with me..."

Not that he would ever request it, but at least he dropped the hint. If she wanted, she took him up on that offer, if not, he'd be on his own, even though she was there. But was the point of her coming over, if he couldn't actually be close to her?
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:42 am

Nicole nodded in reply when Danny said that to her. "Sounds like an ace place to live." she replied while walking with him. "I know Danny, but.....you and I aren't married." she said as gently as she could. "I'm not a religious sheila, but I'm not one to sleep with a man while I'm single." she added in the same tone as she walked along.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:58 am

The tiny smile showing on his in his face after comment about Nashville disappeared while he listened to her reply to his comment. It actually caught him a little off guard, threw him off his game for the time ahead. He didn't figure she was one of those women who actually waited until their wedding night, but it did explain the reaction to his first attempt on going a little further a while back, when he had that terrible nightmare of hi dying after being shot.
But that actually wasn't the issue. There was something else on his mind. Two things, actually.
"That actually wasn't my intention." Danny said quietly, not looking up at first. But then he did look at her. "Wasn't talking 'bout sleeping with me... just... next to me. But fine... I won't fuss. Your choice, my loss."

That was one thing on his mind he got off. He didn't make a fuss about it though, just stating a fact. Although he didn't get the point of her coming over this late and heading right back to sleep. That wasn't quite what he thought would happen, but that particular act wasn't on his mind right now, either.

But there was something else that she said, that was hitting him a little hard. Danny looked away, so she wouldn't see it in his eyes right away. He didn't say anything about it. He just walked to the closet that stood in the guest room and got the bedding for the single guest bed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Btw... This topic is set way after "I Trust You" and the other topics.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Nicole listened to Danny as he said that to her. "Danny" she said to him gently, clearly upset a bit that she missed what he was saying to her. Good one Nic she said to herself while standing there. Nicole sighed a bit at the same time and ran her hands through her hair while waiting for Danny to finish up.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 am

He put the things down on the bed and turned around when he was done, trying to look at her and not look too disappointed or.. emotional as he was right now. Danny knew he was hardly himself right now, he way still realizing what he was told and he was, unlike his usual self, pretty emotional right now, which was even more frustrating, because he didn't know how to deal with it.

When he was alone he wouldn't care about his emotions, he could show whatever kind of emotions he wanted to show, but he wasn't alone and he didn't want to take it out on her. Nicole didn't deserve that, it wasn't her fault. And it certainly wouldn't help him, either.

"Nevermind." he said quietly, not really being able to look at her, without his emotions about everything showing in his dark brown eyes. Right now, he felt like crying, but not because of what she said. It took a lot of discipline not to break down and show it. Not that he couldn't show them in front of Nicole, but he didn't want to.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Byrne Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:40 am

Nicole walked over to Danny and stood next to him. "Danny, whats on your mind?" she asked him while standing there. There was a gentle tone to her voice as she spoke. "You can tell me Danny" she said in kind while standing there with him, gently taking his hand as she said that to him.
Nicole Byrne
Nicole Byrne

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Daniel Cooper Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:01 am

Danny still couldn't look at her, too much emotion in his eyes and he just wasn't sure what was on his mind. He felt like there was just a blank spot that needed to be filled. He didn't know what to think or what to do. He let his head sink, looking at the floor under his feet and sighed.
"I know..." he said meekly, still not looking up. "Thing is... I don't know what's on my mind exactly. Just haven't quite processed it yet..."

It was true, but he knew that he was close to actually realizing the sad truth. And when that happened, he had no idea what he would do, what would happen. Maybe he would feel the urge to sleep with her, just because life was way too short, which he would realize again then, but maybe he wouldn't. He knew it wouldn't come to that, after what she just said. And it didn't matter to him. Danny didn't know what to do with himself right now.
Agent Daniel Cooper
Agent Daniel Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next